- Go the Social Distance with Virtual Races and Challenges!
- BibRave Product Review: Handfuls of Chafe-Free Fun with Handful Closer Sports Bra!
- 2020: Say ‘NO!’ to Resolutions and ‘YES!’ to Motivations!
- BibRave Race Review: Feeling Ohana at the Honolulu Marathon
- BibRave Product Review: Give Good Vibez with Aftershokz Aeropex
- Georgia State of Gravel April 11, 2020
- Singleton 4 miler April 25, 2020
- All Comers Track Meet May 12, 2020
Follow Me on Social!
- Learning to run means learning how to break through barriers - both physical and mental. But not everyone understands this. For some, barriers may be as simple as learning about basic equipment or letting go of scary memories of the mile run in elementary school. For others, barriers can be overcoming the intimidation that can surround a sport like running where it seems like there is a requirement of a certain physique or pace.⠀ ...⠀ For me, the more I treat every run like a "fun run", especially when I get to be with friends (I miss people so much right now!), the more I surprise myself. At last year's @bigpeachsizzler #10k I had no race plans/strategy. I just let myself have a great time running with friends, and it resulted in a PR! ⠀ ...⠀ Biggest takeaway: Find friends who will challenge you but also make you feel like flying on some great fun and conversation. Zoom zoom. Whatever the barrier may be, there is always a way to rise above and #ReleasetheRunner!⠀ BibRave #bibchat #socialdistancing #runningisntcanceled #quarantine #quarantinelife #stayhome #covid19 #coronavirus #running #run #socialdistance #runalone #runningsnotcancelledCoRUNavirus #runstreak day 23 definitely calls for more pre and post run stretching. Luckily, I feel like my body is getting used to this and been feeling good out there. Need to work on keeping these strong paces over longer and longer distances. Been loving listening to the @peloton app fun runs with @mattymaggiacomo for awesome much-needed motivation during social distancing. I miss my run gang! Gonna try to string together multiple fun run workouts for my long runs and see how it affects my pace. #bibchat #runchat #peloton #socialdistancing #rnnraroundtheworld @rnnr.coSocial distancing means quiet roads for a great Saturday ride. It’s not Wednesday but still got a biscuit! #socialdistancing #cycling #covid19 #bancarsRain out there, don’t care. CoRUNavirus #runstreak day 18 in the bag! #rnnraroundtheworld #bibchatOur communities are seeking new at-home or socially-distant friendly exercise alternatives - or worse, taking a hiatus from exercise all together. As a runner, I know firsthand that regular exercise improves my physical & mental well-being. But I also remember how hard it was when I first started! Now it’s time to pay it forward! If you’re new to running and not sure how to start, I’m here to help #ReleasetheRunner in YOU! ⠀ . . .⠀ 13 years ago I was struggling through grad school, living alone, unhealthy, depressed, and unmotivated. On a mental health break home in NH I watched a family friend compete in @ironmantri. It completely redefined my definition of "athlete" and encouraged me to go back to Atlanta and find the athlete I knew existed within myself. I immediately signed up for the @atlantrackclub #halfmarathon training program, and one mile at a time, several months later I made it to the finish line of the Atlanta Thanksgiving Half Marathon. 13 years later I've completed dozens of races from 5ks, half marathons, marathons, ultramarathons, and Ironman! One step at a time...walking, running, jogging, walk/run intervals, whatever "running" means to you...you can "releasetherunner too! Whether at home on a treadmill, running laps around the block, or even running around your yard, now is the time to get out there and find the mental happiness that comes with treating your body to some much deserved miles. There's so many virtual training programs and races right now. Let me know what you need and I can send you in the right direction. :-D⠀ ⠀ @laurenleesc @mikeuda ⠀ ⠀ #BibChat ⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ #socialdistancing #runningisntcanceled #quarantine #quarantinelife #stayhome #covid19 #coronavirus #running #run #socialdistance #runalone #runningsnotcancelledRides, and runs, and dog walks, oh my! When the only excuse to go outside is for dog walks or exercise, you end up getting a lot of all the above. Lots of double and triple days lately so that I don’t go mad. 😜 Keeping a CoRUNavirus run streak going (day 16), logging steps for @fitnessbank.fit @des_linden Spring Step Challenge, and adding miles to a virtual relay around the world with @rnnr.co It’s nuts out there folks but still so many ways to stay healthy and motivated. #bibchat #runchat #FitnessBankBr #StepWithDes #rnnraroundtheworld #justrun #marathontraining #ultratraining
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Disclaimer: I received my Science In Sport Isotonic gels to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews! Read to the end for a chance to win … Continue reading
We just returned from an epic 450 mile week riding the Bike Ride Across Georgia from Ellijay to Darien. As always it was an amazing week and while I’m glad not to be sweating my ass off each night in … Continue reading
I know, it’s been a minute. I ran an epic marathon PR at Vermont City Marathon on Memorial Day weekend and then before I knew it, September rolled around and summer is over. The last few months have been equally … Continue reading
Yup, it’s been a minute. Between finals, holidays, trying to cram in a bunch of CDC work during school break, and one last ditch effort to complete the Yeti Challenge* on New Year’s Eve (success!), I just about imploded as … Continue reading
So, you thought after I completed the Yeti 100 I’d be done with my “at least a marathon-a-month” challenge? Do you know me at all?? Of course I completed 7 Bridges Marathon as a pacer 2 weeks after Yeti to … Continue reading
For the second year in a row Adam and I have joined the Bike Ride Across Georgia, BRAG, an annual weeklong cycling and camping trip with about 100 riders. Last year we started in Atlanta and finished in Savannah. This … Continue reading
As I wait for some large SAS computations, there’s no better time for an update. I’ve done nothing particularly exciting this weekend. I’ve had the absolute pleasure of following my husband wherever he likes, mostly including a drive to Chattanooga … Continue reading
Team #WheresBrad is in action for the next 24 hrs. #questival #cotopaxi #atlanta
Disclaimer: I received a pair of LEGEND Compression Performance Socks to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews. View this post on Instagram T-minus 1 … Continue reading