Disclaimer: I received a Handful The Closer bra to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!
I first found and fell in love with Handful when the BibRave Pros met the owners and tested the Y-back as part of our trip to The Running Event in December 2018. Check out my previous reviews of the Y-Back bra and Squeeze Play leggings, as well as my first test of the Closer Bra. Both bras are the only ones I’ve ever owned that DON’T CHAFE! Since then I have replaced nearly all of my bras with Handful products, using the Y-back for daily wear and low impact activities (yoga, cycling, a short run here and there), and the Closer Bra for high impact (running, crossfit). I keep ONE traditional underwire bra for dresses and blouses. I also have several pairs of the Squeeze Play leggings now. In fact, I ran in the long leggings this morning, washing them now, and will wear them back out to the Atlanta United home opener because they’re slimming and really cute. All in one awesomeness!
My favorite aspect of both the Closer and the Y-back is that they both look great; no more crushing down the ta-tas in a uniboob! I get all the comfort and coverage I need, while still looking awesome. This also means that I can transition from work to fitness in the same bras because they look good under everything.
The Closer Bra has been updated a bit since I had my first one back in 2018. The front zip, high impact sports bra seems to have a lighter, more comfortable mesh backing, and double front hooks instead of just one. The result is a more breathable, comfortable, and tougher/higher quality product that still has an easy-on, easy-off front zip design. The double hooks in front actually allow me to do a quick change in my car without any unfortunate nip-slips for any passer-by.
According to their site, the Closer Bra has:
Zip front styling, high impact support
– Removable Lights Out™ Pads
– Front zip for easy on/off
– Breathable and supportive stretch mesh panels
– Smooth, non-chafing, quick-dry fabric
– Adjustable length straps for custom fit
– Soft, moisture-wicking COOLMAX® lining
Finally, Handful as a company is incredible and goes above and beyond supporting breast cancer survivors. They’re amazing programs include:
- 12.5% for 12.5% – 12.5% of revenue from our Battle Cry Pink bras year round to YSC® (Young Survival Coalition) in recognition of the 1 in 8 women (12.5%) who will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Breast Friends Program – From diagnosis through treatment and beyond, breast cancer survivors are eligible for a lifetime 30% discount on all Handful® bras and activewear.
- Free pads for life – For any woman who loses a breast to cancer, they provide FREE pad sets that can be stacked and used as prosthetics in any pocketed Handful® bra.
What’s not to like? Grab life by the handful and get yours now using code BIBRAVE20 for 20% off an entire order.
Are you a Handful devotee? Chime in below in the comments. Still debating making the switch? Feel free to post questions in comments or PM on social.
Here’s what other BibRave Pros have to say about Handful Bras:
Give Handful some social media love here:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest |
Give BibRave some social media love here: