“Disclaimer: I received a premium subscription to RunGo to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!”
I’ve never been a big fan of running or fitness apps; in my experience running applications drain phone battery and are redundant if you have a decent gps watch. However, RunGo app may have converted me into a run app user due to several unique and very useful capabilities. RunGo was created by a running and technology enthusiast, so the product is a beautiful, easy-to-use, and useful running tool. Check out this story behind RunGo:
- The RunGo app bread and butter is turn-by-turn directions. The app gives heads up directions so you know when a turn is ahead. Also, if the route creator includes any points of interest the app will point those out. Probably most amusing, on a group long run with the route pre-loaded (more on that in a bit), the pleasant voice was sure to tell us when we were almost to the top of the largest climb on the course. 😀
- You can find public user created routes or create your own routes easily. You can search or create routes on your desktop or phone and then save them offline on your phone so you won’t need to use data. This is especially useful if you’re overseas or don’t have a data package.
- Many route creator apps are not easy to use on the mobile device and require work on the desktop. I was very impressed how easy it was to find or create my own routes directly in the phone. The user interface is clean and visually appealing.
- With a premium subscription (only $10 for the year!) allows you to import gpx files for instant route creation. Prior to an 18 mile training run with Atlanta Track Club, I imported their route gpx file via the desktop and loaded it to the phone, all within 5 minutes. I’m a run leader for the track club training program and was easily able to lead a group through the route with the help of the pleasant voice navigation, without ever having to fumble with a crumbled paper map of the route.
- 100,000+ routes worldwide with over 200 routes added daily
- Verified routes created by RunGo and certified run groups (available for premium)
- Create and share routes publicly or just among friends
- Track stats such as time, pace, splits, distance, elevation and receive custom cues for any or all of these
- Save runs to logbook to track training
- Interval training (iOS on premium account only)
- Live tracking (iOS on premium account only) – this is a great safety feature if you run alone and want a friend or spouse to know your current location. *With live tracking activated, the app used less than half my phone battery during an 18 mile run. Impressive imo.
Why should you use RunGo?
- Traveling for work or vacation and want to find running routes or groups in an unfamiliar location
- Just moved? Find routes in your new neighborhood – I did!
- RunGo is designed with accessibility in mind for those runners with visual or hearing impairments. Learn more here!
Should you pay for premium?
- It’s only $10 for the year, why not support further app development and updates?
- Premium features include live tracking, verified routes, and more. See the whole list here.
Still not convinced? Here’s what other BibRave Pros have to say:
Lindsey | Jeannine | Matt M | Brenda |
Find out more by connecting with RunGo on social media:
2 thoughts on “BibRave Review: RunGo App”
Pingback: READY, SET, RUNGO! RUNGO APP Product Review – TMilesAndRunning
Pingback: A New Way To Find Routes – RunGo Product Review – Running Through Life