Disclaimer: I received a pair of Knockaround Fast Lanes to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check outBibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!”
If you go through sunglasses like me, at the rate a normal person goes through pens, then you’ll know I was excited to test the Knockaround Fast Lanes as part of being a BibRave Pro. As someone who puts sunglasses through the paces, there’s a couple of factors important in terms of selection: durability, cost, and comfort. Bonus points for cool factor and lens color/visibility. So how do the Knockaround Fast Lanes fair against the Fun Size test?
First off, direct from the website, Fast Lanes
“are designed to look great on medium and larger face shapes. And like all Knockaround sunglasses, each pair benefits from FDA-approved and impact-resistant lenses with full UV400 protection. “
- Durability: these bad boys have been thrown in my backpack, back pocket of a cycling jersey, dropped on the ground repeatedly, and temporarily lost under the driver’s seat of my car. Each time they’ve come back no worse for the wear, and no lens scratches.
- Cost: $20, add $5 for polarized. Need we say more?
- Comfort: Surprisingly, while these are designed for medium to larger face shapes apparently, these still look great on my fun size face. In fact, they don’t slide off the bridge of my nose (often a problem) and they don’t hurt my ears or head from squeezing (an issue I get when I try to find smaller frames). Most appropriately, the large lenses still fit just fine when wearing a bike helmet so these glasses have been great for social cruises around town.
- Cool Factor: while certainly larger on my face, I do love a rectangular frame to help make my round face look a little less round and puffy. The design is definitely reminiscent of my favorite classic design offered by a much more $$$ brand and I love that it’s offered in 16 different color/lenses options.
- Lens color/visibility: I have the slate tortoise shell frame with sky blue lenses. The lenses have been great in many lighting conditions, especially in lower light, hazy days where it’s still nice wearing glasses to cut the glare. They offer awesome protection without making everything too dark.
Ready for your own pair?
Use discount code BIBRAVEKNOCKS1 for 20% off your entire order until 4/18 (one time use).
And don’t forget to tune into #Bibchat with BibRave and Knockaround next Tuesday, April 16 at 9pm ET for your chance to WIN a pair of Fast Lanes!
Here’s what other BibRave Pros have to say about the Fast Lanes:
Give Knockaround some social media love here:
Give BibRave some social media love here: