- Summer Fitness Roundup: Summer Lovin’ on the Roads Less Traveled
- BibRave Race Review: The “biggest little race” at Grandma’s Marathon!
- April & May Running Roundup: Spring Showers, May Flowers
- BibRave Product Review: Natural Sun Protection with Tanri Outdoors
- Make your miles matter: 2021 National Day of Awareness MMIW Virtual Run
Never miss a post!
- Yeti Snakebite October 3, 2021
- Mayor's 5k? October 16, 2021
- Atlanta Track Club 10 Miler October 17, 2021
- I ran this morning. I’m sore with tight glutes and calves. I’ll be working late tonight. The workout includes 150 wall balls and a bunch of rowing. I HATE wall balls and rowing. So many excuses to NOT be here. Turn your excuses into reasons. This evening workout serves as a reset and energizing for more post-dinner coding. Seems like a good reason to me.It’s not too early to start thinking about your 2022 running 🏃♀️goals. Whether you’re a newbie or a veteran, The Run Show USA Boston is ready to help kick-start your training season! Join the biggest running community meet-up at The Run Show USA in Boston from January 29-30. The inspirational speakers will get you motivated, the gear and swag partners will get you kitted out, and the skills clinics will make sure you’re ready to tackle any race distance no matter the time of year!After many years of running, I'm really looking forward to jumpstarting 2022 and resetting my running skillset at @runshowusa Boston, Jan 29-30. 🏃♀️Who’s working on their 2022 race calendar? ✋ I’m so excited about racing @grandmasmarathon again, and I’m planning to kick start my training at the @RunShowUSA - the ultimate running event of the year - in Boston, January 29-30. They’ll have experts you can tap for advice on everything from recovery to strength training plus running legends such as Camille Herron and Dean Karnazes! Happy @bibrave Pride Friday! Remember: not every run is easy, but every run is worth it and changes you. Get out there and get it.Want FREE tickets to the ultimate running event of the year - I’ve got them! 🙌
Tag Archives: 100miletraining
The backstory: I don’t know when or where I decided I had any business running 100 miles, but Yetis and unicorns were definitely involved. When I ran my first 50k in August of 2014, it happened to be the Yeti … Continue reading
41 days from this post I’ll be somewhere between the marathon and 50k mark of the Yeti 100. Honestly, since completing the 100k at Merril’s Mile, I’ve just been ready to get this done. Since July the heat and humidity … Continue reading
Obviously, my marathon-a-month training goal for the year is only a fraction of what needs to be done for 100-mile training. I’m using a modified 24-week training plan from the book Relentless Forward Progress by Bryon Powell. I say “modified” … Continue reading
The genesis of my marathon-a-month challenge for 2017 is actually the training for my first 100 mile race, The Yeti 100, in September. A consistent training recommendation I hear from veteran 100 mile runners is “time on your feet”. I’m … Continue reading