“Disclaimer: I received an Tanri Outdoors sun-care products to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!”
Even though I am less burn-prone now than I was in my teens and twenties, the amount of time I spend outside, especially during the harsh southern summers, exposes my skin to potential sun damage. In addition, as a tattooed athlete, it’s really important to keep the ink as protected as possible in order to prevent fading. Gotta protect the skin AND artwork!
Finding effective, natural sunscreens that 1) don’t cake on and make me look like a ghost, and 2) don’t immediately sweat off has been a difficult task over the years. I was really excited to give the new Tanri Outdoors sun-care products a try especially since they offer “natural sun protection for runners, by runners,” while also being kind to the environment.
BibRave ambassadors had the opportunity to try 4 Tanri products:
- SPF15 Moisturizer: I used on my face and it feels super light and not greasy
- After sun restorative moisturizer: I’ve been using after runs and rides, and before bed; also super light, not greasy. Skin, especially around tattoos feels great
- Mineral sunscreen SPF30: first time I’ve tried a natural sunscreen that doesn’t feel like I’m covered in a white layer of grease.
- Lib balm SPF 15: don’t forget to protect those smackers! Nice, light flavor without the chemical taste. Kept lips feeling great even after 4 hours running
Additional benefits of choosing Tanri Outdoors suncare products:
- While chemical-based sunscreens absorb into the skin and take up to 30 minutes to be effective, Tanri mineral-based products don’t absorb into the skin and work instantly.
- All natural, with no harsh chemicals. No parabens, phthalates, or synthetic fragrances. The only active ingredients are zinc oxide and titanium oxide.
- GMO free, vegan, no animal testing
- 1% of every purchase donated to preserving national parks and forests.
Tanri products retail for between $3.99 for the lip balm to $29 for the after sun restorative moisturizer. You can use code BIBRAVE10 for 10% off!
Be sure to follow Tanri Outdoors on all your favorite social media channels below to keep posted about their awesome products. Their social feeds are also full of great photos that will inspire you to GET OUTSIDE!
Check out what other BibRave Pros say about Tanri Outdoors:
4 thoughts on “BibRave Product Review: Natural Sun Protection with Tanri Outdoors”
Pingback: Tanri Outdoors – Product Review – Angie Runs
Pingback: Tanri- A Safer Summer – Run Katy Run
Pingback: Product Review: Tanri Outdoors Suncare Products – I Was Running
Pingback: Product Review: Tanri Outdoors - Run the World in 7 Days