While 2016 generally sucked for all of humanity, on a personal level I managed to keep 2016 my bitch. I completed Ironman Chattanooga (first Ironman), 5 marathons, Ironman 70.3 Chattanooga, 4 half marathons, two 10-milers, one 15k, two 10ks, two 4 milers, several other trail races of various distances, and attempts at Cloudland Canyon 50 miler and Georgia Death Race. Of course, I also had a pretty big life change leaving a full-time job I enjoy to start a PhD in Analytics and Data Science at Kennesaw State University. Finally, I enjoyed one of the biggest honors of my life as a member of Team Marathon Miles for Kilometer Kids, helping to raise over $28,000 for youth running programs in Georgia and running the NYC Marathon on their behalf with an incredible team. However, considering that several people close to me had less than stellar 2016s, I’m very happy to move on with 2017. My life is only as good as those around me.
My epic sized goal for 2017 is to complete the Yeti 100 in September. Yes, my first hundo! I’m ready for the most beautiful 100 miler with the most epic belt buckle. In order to prepare for this challenge, I added another goal to 2017: marathon a month! So let’s see how this looks so far…
- Atlanta Track Club Resolution Run
- Cloudland Canyon 50 miler – this is the last year of the 50 mile distance so 3rd time must be a charm for me!
- Peachtree City 8k/15k
- Hot Chocolate 15k Atlanta – use code BRATLHC for a free visor! Check out my review from last year.
- Atlanta Track Club Hearts and Soles 5k
- Run the ATL Winter Edition
- Georgia Death Race Training Camp
- Cotapaxi 24Hr Adventure – Questival
- Still need a marathon – thinking about Georgia Fitness Suwanee Marathon
- Chattanooga Half Marathon – running with my sister-in-law for her 1st half!
- Yeti Nightmare Challenge
- Georgia Publix Marathon – pace team!
- Grayson Highlands Pony Challenge (50k and half marathon)
- Maine Coast Marathon 39.3 Challenge – use code ‘bibrave10’ for 10% off!
- Need a June marathon!
- Atlanta Track Club Tailgate 5k
- Atlanta’s Finest 5k
- Yeti Snakebite 50k
- Wingfoot XC Classic
- Yeti 100! A 50 miler has been added and registration opens on Christmas Eve! Sign up for this beautiful course with a great RD and amazing trail community.
- 7 Bridges Marathon
- Atlanta 10 Miler
- Crossing fingers for NYC Marathon lottery
- Atlanta Half Marathon
- Marathon TBD
It’s all a work in progress, and highly dependent on schedule at school, but it seems to be a good start. Looking forward to continued insanity. 😉