Disclaimer: I received a pair of LEGEND Compression Performance Socks to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to find and write race reviews.
I received an awesome pair of purple Legend Compression Performance Socks a few weeks ago and have been using them during all sorts of activities. As noted in a preview post last week, the socks did not work well for me during a long run. I tried them in this capacity once again and still experienced intense burning on the bottom of my feet. Honestly, I expected this to be the case since any pair of thicker socks will do this to me. It’s one of the main reasons I usually wear compression sleeves instead of socks.
However, I typically wear compression socks for recovery and the Legend brand has been amazing for that purpose. Every day after a long run I’ll wear these lounging around the house and I feel great the next day. In the week leading up to this current trip to NYC for the marathon I knew I’d be sitting a lot at work and school; so…I wore the socks to work and school! They’re super comfy with just the right amount of compression but no terrible squeeze marks at the end of the day. The medical grade 15-20mmHg graduated compression is #rightnottight; just the right amount of compression for recovery but not so tight that they’re uncomfortable or a fight to get on and off.
Like I said, the only thing I don’t like about these socks is the padding in the foot bed really burns my feet. If they had a version with less aggressive padding I’d love to give it a try because the achilles and arch support they’ve built into the foot are amazing. Check out the additional features from the Legend site:
- 15-20 mmHg Graduated Compression for improved athletic performance
- Compression Performance socks for all sports – I used them running, hiking, walking, and at work
- Greater power output
- Enhanced Endurance
- Faster Muscle Warm Up Pre-exercise – agreed
- Increase oxygen levels and blood circulation
- Faster recovery time – agreed
- Seamless toe and terry sole construction
- Promotes circulation for muscle performance
- Reduction of lactic acid
- Improve muscle support and injury prevention
- UV protection
- Moisture wicking
- Achilles and arch support – the foot area feels great except there’s too much padding
- Open ventilation and breathable design for comfort – I actually found these to be pretty warm but the temps in Atlanta finally started going down so it wasn’t bothersome. I probably wouldn’t wear these in the summer though
Want to hear what other BibRave Pros have to say?
Want to give #RightNotTight a try for yourself? Get 15% off Legend Compression with code ‘bibsave15’!
Join us on Tuesday, November 8 at 9pm EST for the Legend Compression sponsored #BibChat for your chance to win a pair of Legend Compression Performance Socks! Don’t forget to follow BibRave and LegendLegwear